ZOPYX delivers Produce & Publish Authoring Environment to DEISA
Successful Produce & Publish deployment at DEISA21.06.2010
Distributed European Infrastructure for Supercomputing Applications (DEISA) ist the first customer to use the new Produce & Publish Authoring Environment of ZOPYX in production. As part of a bigger project we implemented as system empowering thw websit editors of the DEISA Website www.deisa.eu to use a unified user-interface for both managing and editing content and to convert the content into high-quality PDF documents. As part of the project we used the well-known features of HTML to produce a PDF documents in an outstanding quality:
- hyperlinks are converted to footnotes
- links between HTML pages (through anchors) are replaced with "See page X"
- links to tables are replaced with "See table Y"
- links to images are replaced with "See image Z"
- enumeration of tables and graphics
- automatic table of contents generation
- left-right handling of page numbers
- cover pages
- automatic hyphenation
- handling of orphans and window lines
Besides the management of content and conversions, editors can also edit and manage the conversion templates and the conversion stylesheets through the same user interface.
The Produce & Publish Authoring Environment integrates nicelywith the Plone security concept and allows multiple editors on work on documents in parallel. By using the workflow system of Plone it is possible to publish a finished document - both PDF or as consolidated HTML - with a single mouse-click.