Produce & Publish Web-To-Print Editor
In the area of web-to-print, we make use of the new Nimbudocs Editor created by RealObjects. The Nimbudocs Editor runs on all modern web browsers and displays the exact same layout in edit view that the final print product will have. The editor or user is therefore able to directly oversee the final layout and can avoid making costly proofs or trial print runs.
Features of the Nimbudocs Editor
- 1:1 view between edit view and print product
- Fields can be individually locked or unlocked for editing
- Change tracking
- Compatible with all modern browsers (no Java or Flash necessary)
Possible areas of application
- Business card generator (with access restricted to editable fields)
Demos from the Nimbudocs Editor:
- Business card generator
- Editing of multi-column text
- Editing of rotated text in browser
- Guidelines from the Onkopedia Projekt
Wir are using Plone in our school e.g. for the generation of school reports and protocols of class conference and have been searching for reliable solution for generating forms and reports. The product SmartPrintNG (now "Produce & Publish") is very suitable for our purposes due its flexiable configuration options. Andreas Jung gave a hands-on-training and communicate the relevant know-how in order to work effectively with SmartPrintNG (even for non-technical people like teachers).